Are you planning on an international tour? If so, you are likely to go through several procedures before you can actually get hold of your visa and the other necessary documents. One of the most common procedures that have been made mandatory by most of the countries across the globe is the cic medical exam. Such medical exams are necessary and it is conducted to allow you to permit to the country and also prove that you do not suffer from any threatening life conditions that could also be a threat to the rest of the citizens in the country.
To make you better understand the need for cic medical exam, here is an example with the country Canada. You are planning to visit Canada and you are also looking forward to knowing more about the rules and regulations of the country. Depending on who you are, that is whether you are a student, worker or simply a visitor; you have to go through a medical procedure. Know more about the procedure with the question and answers below.
What is the medical exam?
The cic medical exam is needed if you are planning to stay in Canada for more than six months. Generally, if you are planning to stay in the country for less than six months, you do not require going through this exam.
When are you eligible for the medical exam?
Here are some of the jobs for which you need to go through a medical exam in Canada.
- Certain jobs that require you to stay in close contact with people, such as the workers in the clinical laboratories, those working in the health science field, patients who are visiting geriatric and nursing homes.
- Other similar kinds of jobs include the teachers associated with the primary and secondary schools as well as the teachers of young kids or the nursery employees.
How to choose a doctor?
Going through a medical test is not that easy as it seems to be. These types of medical tests require you to authorized doctors. It would be wrong to think that you can allow your personal doctor to conduct the medical test. However, the final decision is taken by the Government authorities in Canada.
The thing you need to carry before going through the exam
Here are the documents you should carry before you go for your medical exam appointment.
- Carry a proper identification document with your photograph and signature affixed.
- If you use eyeglasses or contact lenses, make sure to carry them.
- Previously existing medical or test reports, if any.
- Prepare a list of all the medicines that you consume at present.
- Do not forget to carry your latest photographs.
Applicants are required to pay all the fees that are needed for going through the medical exam.
There is also a period of validity for the cic medical exam you have gone through. The reports are valid for a period of 12 months.